Roosa Halme is puppeteer (Turku Arts Academy, 2009) and composer (Pirkanmaa University of Applied Sciences, 2008). She got into puppet theatre during a break from her music studies, which she spent in France working with cultural organizations and Hungary where she wound up an apprentice at the Budapest puppet theatre.
Performing. Musical design and composing of sound stages, live-music (instruments; piano, accordion and saxophone) Presence as nurture artist. Instructing shadow theatre workshops. Curating festivals and other events.
Halme is ready for all kinds of cooperation with different participants; direct trainings and workshops as well as work as a musician and a puppet theatre director and –performer in different venues with people of all ages. She is a researcher in her nature and she wants to find the core root of things. Halme also enjoys writing.
Halme is interested in the human mind and associations, animal and children’s train of thought as well as the creation of pure joy and other emotions in people. In theatre the most important thing for her is the experience of the atmosphere and she is intrigued by the Wagnerian idea of a holistic work of art.
– Regional artist in the field of puppetry at the Arts Promotion Center Finland in Satakunta area 2012-2015.
–TIP-Fest founding member and artistic director 1/3.
– Creating of block theatre and the development of KO-KOO-MO –concept from 2011.
– Working as a composer, arranger and musician in addition to the field of puppet theatre also in Pori Theatre and Turku City Theatre.
– Working as a puppeteer in schools, hospitals and rest homes. Organizing seminars and workshops exploring the therapeutic possibilities of puppetry.
– Special Jury Price for her direction Her Cup of Tea at the Tallinn Treff –puppet theatre festival in Estonia, 2011
– Visits in multiple international festivals (France, Bosnia, Norway, Russia, Poland, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland, Switzerland, Iceland) and festivals round Finland as a director, performer and musician